Experience Takes You Places
Gaining real-world experience in the field can take you places - School of Mines students have traveled abroad to work and study in counties such as Norway, Guatemala, Mongolia, and Mozambique.
Exploring the World Through Educational Opportunities
The mission of the School of Mines' International Study Abroad Program is to create global awareness by preparing students for the interconnected world of the future by increasing understanding of cultural differences, and to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in a global community.
The benefits of studying abroad are universal. You will be inspired by the sites you will see, the people you meet, and the experiences you will have.
Whether you decide to go for a year, a semester, a summer, or for just a few weeks with one of our short-term programs, you will earn credits toward your degree program.
Study abroad opportunities are only as limited as your imagination. Universities that we have partnership agreements with include:
- Technische Universitat Bergakademie Freiberg (Germany)
- Gjovik University College (Norway)
- Telemark University College (Norway)
- Engineering College of Copenhagen (Denmark)
Memorandums of Understanding with:
- Mongolian University of Science & Technology (Mongolia)
- China Three Gorges University (China)
- Sri RamaKrishna College of Engineering (India)
- Girne American University (North Cyprus, Turkey)
- Seokyeong University (South Korea)
For more information contact the Ivanhoe International Center at (605) 394-6884.